June 20, 2020 (ZOOM)
Present: Tammy Cotter, Pam Kinney, Joan Friedman, Patty Olson, Maureen Haley, Jean Ackerly, Kati Bourque, Erin Ouimett
- Minutes approved for May 2020
- Library Business
- Library is offering curbside pickup for the foreseeable future. They are continuing to gather information from the state, town and staff to best determine next phase of opening and what it will look like.
- Currently offering 2 virtual programs for adults – Writers Workshop and Yoga. Upcoming virtual programs for adults – Book Group and Geneology.
- Kati cancelled 3 performers for the summer because their virtual offerings were not going to transfer well. They were Live Animals, Circus and Story Teller. Looking to reschedule for next summer.
- Kati continuing with virtual children’s story-time on Wednesday and Friday’s, Mom’s Support Group Wednesday afternoons and virtual Minecraft club.
- Summer reading kick-off: Families can track/log their summer reading through Beanstack. Beanstack is an application offered through a 2 yr grant from MA library services.
- Summer reading program is offering Take & Make summer bags. Each week families can come by library and curbside pickup their Take & Make bag which is filled with supplies/craft.
- Library is providing many free resources to patrons of the library
3. Board Business
- Pam made motion for all board members to remain in their current position with their current title. Joan second motion. All approved.
- Beginning to receive a few renewal memberships in the mail.
- 5 members renewed as a result of mailing sent out prior to pandemic
- Possible mailchimp to go out in August to give update on what’s happening at library. If someone feels the need for one sooner, we will communicate via email.
- It was determined that it is not feasible for us to hold an online raffle
- Some of the raffle prizes/gift cards we have in our possession are either expiring or business closing. Depending on individual circumstance and pandemic situation, Maureen will look into having gift card renewed.
- Maureen keeping facebook updated
- Joan keeping Friends website updated
- Quote to use in future marketing material…. “A library is a gift to support community well being”
- Will use portable easel outside library to advertise purchase of hats and flags on voting day.
- Future ideas to gain new members/keep existing:
- membership automatically gets you entered to win a raffle
- membership allows you entrance to plant sale 1 hr earlier than general public
- Purchased Zoom membership for $15/month. Checking to see if we can use library Zoom
- Plant sale raised approx $2250 (plants: $1800, donations: $450). What worked well: simplified plant pricing $5 small, $10 large unless otherwise marked; Cash/Check only; advertise on facebook/garden clubs; hold plant sale for second day.
- Pam reviewed past finances and derived following budget (if necessary will review the budget in Sept./Oct. as pandemic environment changes)
- Anticipated income:
- Fundraising (harvest fest / plant sale) $3000
- Membership $1500
- Donations $3000
- Copier $100
- Hats/Flags $700
- Book Sale room $1000 ($100/month)
- Amazon Smile $130
- Proposed 2020/2021 budget
- Children’s Programming $3000
- Adult Programming $3500
- Misc. Library Expenses $200
- Friends Expenses $900
- Hats/Flags $500
- Copier $1500
- Petty Cash $400
- Anticipated income:
- Tammy made motion to accept proposed budget, Joan second motion, all approved.
- Received donation from MaryAnn Carew in memory of her grandson James Carew. James loved visiting the library and reading books! And we loved him!!
- Next meeting scheduled for Sept 3rd at 1:00 pm
May 6, 2020 (ZOOM)
Present: Tammy Cotter, Pam Kinney, Joan Friedman, Patty Olson, Maureen Haley, Jean Ackerly, Kati Bourque, Linda Rivera
- Minutes approved for March 2020 and April 2020
- Library Business
- When the Library is cleared to open, Staff will return and prepare for new ways to operate the library during the coronavirus. Most likely curbside pickup and returns in the beginning. Staff will prepare/reorganize inside of the library for future patron access.
- Due to cancellations of programs, Jean is under budget
- Virtual Trivia had 39 register for event
- Considering ways to reach out to patrons and offer more in the way of virtual programming. Writers workshop possibly in June.
- Videos of people reading books for Storytime is needed
- Fridays, Kati holds a live story time on Zoom
- Due to coronavirus Kati plans on cancelling all summer reading performers
- Wednesday virtual moms support group/anyone can join
III. Board Business
- Plant Sale options discussed with a plan A and plan B drafted by Patty
- Board decided to hold a meeting on May 20th to finalize any decisions in regards to plant sale.(pending the Governor’s decision on May 18th in regards to quarantine)
- Membership renewals will go out along with a letter from the Friends letting members know we are thinking of them and asking if they are in need of any assistance during the pandemic.
- Website is updated and will add the Fiscal meeting information
- Virtual cooking class, 35 registered and it was well received
- Fiscal Budget meeting to be held on June 10, 2020 at noon
- A link for patrons/members to join the Fiscal meeting on Zoom will be added to the LIbrary calendar
- Mailchimp will be sent out to invite members to join the meeting.
- Board to consider ways to host a virtual or online raffle
- End of the fiscal year is upon us, hoping for a balance of $10,000 to start the new fiscal year.
- Final numbers will be provided at June meeting
- Looking into purchasing Zoom so we can continue to hold virtual board meetings
- Purchasing Museum passes are on hold until we know more about the plans to move forward with the pandemic.
April 22 and 23, 2020
Present: Tammy Cotter, Patty Olson, Pam Kinney, Linda Rivera, Maureen Haley, Joan Friedman, Jean Ackerly (4/22 only)
- Library Business (4/22)
- Virtual Trivia program in May. Cost $350.00
- Board had questions/concerns in regards trivia program, Jean agreed to look into our questions/concerns and get back to board before voting on program
- Due to Coronavirus, programs had to be cancelled, Jean thought she was under budget for the year
II. Board Business(4/22 & 4/23)
- Situation due to the Coronavirus is affecting Library as well as the Friends
- Museum passes/ Do we continue to pay for them for next year?
- As of now, no money is be taking in and we still have some expenses
- Plant Sale could be cancelled or will be on a smaller scale and outside
- Jean’s budget is $200.00 under, Kati’s budget is under, exact number not available at time of meeting.
- No refund for Trivia Brothers
- Board approved Trivia Brothers program
- Mailchimp will go out, it will advertise the Trivia program as well as reminding Patrons of Amazon Smile
- Zoom meeting will be scheduled for May to discuss coronavirus guidelines, plant sale, budget and any other issues