October 3, 2019
Attendance: Maureen Haley, Jean Ackerly, Erin Ouimet, Kati Bourque, Pam Kinney, Tammy Cotter, Linda Rivera, Patty Olson
I. Minutes from Sept. 5th meeting, Approved.
II. Meeting time changed to 12:30 vs 12:15 on the 1st Thursday of the month.
III. Harvest Festival details and assignments discussed and finalized.
IV. Library Business:
Jean and Kati:
- New copier is in. Invoice for first payment is due. Pam and Jean will talk specifics, cost should be around 1,400 yr.
- Museum software due in February.
- Cultural Council Grants due, Library will pay for grant.
- Chris Howe who facilitates yoga class along with Jean will reach out to the recreation committee in regards to funding more classes.
- Jean Mack performing Friday October 25th.
- Teddy Bear Sleepover fundraiser on November 8th discussed. Proceeds raised will go to the Friends
V. Board Business:
- Suggestion made to change the way we currently do the meeting minutes and notes. Board agreed to new changes.
- Discussion on request for funding that is above and beyond the yearly budget for the library be voted on privately in closed session in order to be provided an opportunity for the board to discuss further.
- Board agreed to trying to lessen the amount of emails that are sent out to board members, focusing on sending only to members the email pertains to.
- Reminder that when it comes to Friends events that the Friends board should be the ones taking the lead when assignments are given.
VI. Meeting adjourned at 2:30
September 5, 2019
Attendees: Maureen Haley, Jean Ackerly, Erin Ouimet, Katie Bourque, Pam Kinney, Tammy Cotter, Linda Rivera, Patty Olson Absent: Joan Friedman
Maureen: Primary discussion today : Harvest Festival planning.
- Prizes/Raffles received so far include $50.00 gift certificate The Poynt Restaurant, 5 tickets Sky Zone Trampoline Park, $50.00 gift certificate Face and Body (spa), Carla Moss items
- Minutes to be reviewed and approved at the beginning of every meeting
- Board to reach out to selectman,police,fire to be judges for Pumpkin contest
- Soup contest (no bread) Title: “Best in Soup”. Bread will be provided as a side
- Bowls of soup will be sold after voting is closed
- Harvest Festival will provide: Soup Contest, Mac and Cheese, Children’s craft stations, baked goods table, music (speaker or performer) Raffles and prizes for Soup and Pumpkin Contest.
- 4 volunteers needed from 10-12 and 4 volunteers 12-2
- Drop off for Pumpkins Tuesday October 15th through Saturday October 19th by 10:30 a.m.
- Soups to be delivered by 9:30/10:00 October 19th
- Set up Friday the 18th @ 3:00 and Saturday the 19th at 9:00
Tammy: Reports on Membership, merchandise inventory, HF input, etc.
- Will work on sign up genius for Harvest Festival
- Will reach out to Sue Noyes @ Town Hall in regards to Harvest Festival
- To provide Mums for Harvest Festival
- Suggested and will look into providing music for Harvest Festival
Pam: Finance reports, HF input, etc.
- Signs all set for Harvest Festival
- 2 grants = $800 ( Cultural Council of Georgetown $400 and Cultural Council Newbury $400)
- See Handout for Financial report
Patty: Reports on any items and Harvest Fest ideas, etc.
- Will contact Newspaper ( Newburyport Daily News and Town Common) with
Information about the Harvest Festival
- To Provide Corn stalks and Hay bale for Harvest festival
Linda: Reports on any items and Harvest Fest ideas, etc.
- Will provide desserts from Dianne’s Fine Desserts
Joan: (Not present)
- Will update fliers for Harvest Festival
- Will assist with crafts for Harvest Festival
- Will create mini posters
Jean: NTL reports on grants, Chamber ads, patron attendance at programs, Harvest Fest ideas,
- Handed out copies of her program plan for FY 2020 and associated costs. Also a handout on formal request for additional money.
- Request to pay for new sign at $1400 that we would have come fiscal year 2019 but invoice came in fiscal year 2020 friends will provide reimbursement for sign.
- Older Copier needs replacing. Jean received a quote, will cost $1335/yr to lease a refurbished or $1683/yr to lease new copier. It would be $140. 25/ month. Will yield $900/yr in income. Final annual cost will be $783.
- Pam (treasurer) informed board that Museum costs will decrease moving forward so it would be ok to spend money on a new color copier
- Jean requested $600 for Museum Pass registration software
- Federal Census would like to set up a table at Harvest festival to educate the public about the 2020 census
- Board voted and approved Jean’s request for funding
Erin: Additional NTL reports and Harvest Fest ideas, etc.
- Deadline for submissions for Harvest Festival to be in by Sept 13th
- Suggested advertising raffle items to draw interest for Harvest Festival in the Newsletter
- Library will host the Literary Pumpkin Contest at Harvest Festival
Kati: Reports on Youth activities and Harvest Fest ideas, etc.
*Dads & Donuts starts Sat. Sept 8th.
- Craft stations for Harvest Festival for Children
- Harvest Festival October 19, 2019
- Next Friends meeting October 3, 2019
- Friends sponsored programs, Childrens Yoga, Aging with Ease Yoga, Writers Workshop and Drumming Circle.