Friends of Newbury Town Library Meeting Minutes October 5, 2017
Attendees: Maureen Haley, Tammy Cotter, Patty Olson, Jean Ackerly. (Joan Friedman and Katelyn White not available).
- In light of National Friends Week, Maureen proposed writing letter to editor about Friends, who we are, mention supporters of friends etc. All agreed good idea, she will write and submit.
- No changes in programming.
- Will provide Friends with key to library prior to Harvest Festival for set-up, 9am.
- Looking to have a volunteer drive in January.
Harvest Festival update:
- Event will all take place in large meeting room.
- Pam to supply balloons for inside and out & bring money boxes Saturday AM.
- Maureen will add “Harvest Festival …” to sidewalk sign.
- Tammy to send out mailchimp and resend emails asking for chili / mac-n-cheese donations.
- Have a table in meeting room that showcases all displays – Newbury items, baked goods, Amazon bookmarks etc.
- Proposed pricing to be $4.00 for tasting and $4 for bowl. If only few entries, will adjust price accordingly.
- Set-up is Friday afternoon 4:00 and Saturday 9am.
- Raffle ticket prices will remain same as last year – $5 for one or 5 tickets for $20. Drawing will be after event and Maureen to follow up with winners.
- Need to follow up to verify that NES received flyer and will put in their newsletter (Patty).
- Baseball – if we have no volunteer(s) to ‘coach’ by 16th, we will forego it for this year.
Pam – Financials
- Membership renewals projection will give us $1600 for the year if renewal rate stays same.
- Donations are on target for our conservative estimate.
- Books will generate approx. $1400 for year.
- In good shape, roughly $9000 in account.
Next Meetings: 12:15pm on Thursdays: Nov. 2, Dec. 7 and January 4, 2018.