Last night, we held our monthly meeting. Below are the notes from the meeting:
- The October 12th Book and Bake wale plans are moving forward. We have had a good number of volunteers sign up but can always use more. We have begun to submit publicity to the Daily news and other outlets. Will also submit the information to the schools and create a flier. The youth librarian has organized Autumn Jamboree for children at the same time. This should be a great draw for families. Donations of books begin the week of October 7th and donations of baked goods begin on October 11th.
- Dick Ravin visited us with a unique and intriguing fundraising idea. The idea will be explored along with spin off ideas of lectures and readings.
- Emails and mail were sent out to people needing renewals; around 25 have renewed. Renewals will be rolling throughout the year. We will continue to reach out to those who have yet to renew.
- We have over 100 members.
- We’ve received mostly positive feedback about the library passes for Friends members.
- The status of accounts was read.
- A discussion was had about providing gifts for regular volunteers.
- We discussed record keeping.
- We discussed the Youth Services interim director.
- There is a new library website: http://newburylibrary.org/
- We continued to discuss the endowment fund formation.
- A subcommittee is presently being formed and will meet and operate separately from the friends.
- We set the date for the Annual Cookie Swap: December 19th, 2013. More information will be provided as the date approaches.
- Our next meeting is October 23rd at 6:30PM at the library.