We held the Friends of the Newbury Town Library Monthly meeting on August 14th. Following are some of the items and outcomes discussed by those on attendance:
- We are moving forward in the planning for the Annual Book & Bake Sale. The sale will take place on Saturday, October 12th from 10AM-2PM. Donations of books will begin at some point within 1-2 weeks prior to the sale (exact date and time TBA). Baked good donations will be accepted beginning on October 11th. We will begin publicizing the event in September. VOLUNTEERS for setting up and running the sale are needed (please note that this is a great opportunity for high school students to get volunteer credit). Please contact us if you are available to volunteer: email@example.com
- We will be sponsoring the Holiday Cookie Swap at some point in December.
- We are in the process of investigating a possible winter fundraiser. More information as it becomes available.
- We will be holding both the The Annual Plant & Bake Sale and a new Community Yard Sale in the Spring. Dates will be announced as they become available.
- We are up to 95 members and growing. We are working on streamlining our process for membership renewal.
- Beginning in September 2013, the use of museum passes will be dependent on whether or not the library card holder is also a friends of the library member.
- In addition to the current passes (which will be renewed as need be), we voted to add a New England Aquarium museum pass. The pass will run September-June (they do not allow passes in the summer months).
- We will consider adding new passes on a rolling basis as we review funds and need.
- The new library web site will be up and viewable within the next couple of weeks.
- Amy Sadkin gave a presentation on how the library is funded and what the money is used for.
- The exploration of a library endowment is moving forward. An endowment committee is being created.
Next monthly meetings will be Sept 18, Oct 23, Nov 21, Dec 18, all at 6:30 pm. All are welcome to attend.