The next Friends Meeting is on Friday, March 10 at 11:45 at the Library, and all are welcome.
The Friends Annual Spring Plant Sale will be held at the library on Saturday, May 6 at 9am. Please check back often for details on how you can help. Drop us a line for questions, comments, etc: firstname.lastname@example.org
WIN 4 VIP Tour Tickets to the Newburyport Brewing Company! Join or renew your membership by the end of February. Membership Forms for entry are in the library and here: Friends Membership Form. Drawing date is March 1.
Free Library Lecturers, Authors, etc:
- Documentary film: Food Fight, Inside the Battle for Market Basket. Saturday, March 4th from 11am – 1pm. SPONSORED BY THE FRIENDS!
- Rescheduled: Presentation of environmentalist and photographer Ansel Adams by Lance Hidy. Thursday, March 9 from 6-7pm. SPONSORED BY THE FRIENDS!
- DNA Testing to Discover Your Story with Sandy Miller. 2-Part Saturday Series March 11 & 18 at 11am.
- Climate Change, Jeremy Shakun. A climate researcher and Assistant Professor at Boston College. March 25 from 11am – 12pm. SPONSORED BY THE FRIENDS!
- Mindful Stress Reduction Awareness, Sally Palmer Thurs. Mar. 30, 6 -7:15pm. SPONSORED BY THE FRIENDS!
- Road Scholars Presentation, Donna Brock is a member of the Road Scholar Program, America’s first and the world’s largest educational travel organization for adults. April 15, Saturday 11am -12pm.
The Friends Book Sale Room sells “Newbury” mugs, hats, boat flags, prints of local historical buildings as well NTL bumper stickers.
Shop at AmazonSmile and choose the Friends of Newbury Town Library, Inc. as your charity and they donate .05% of your purchases to the Friends!
Museum Passes are available to all patrons.
The Friends of the Newbury Town Library is a volunteer organization primarily focused on raising funds to support the Library and staff, to enhance the resources and services of the Library and to enrich the community. As a non-profit 501c3 organization, it is a legally distinct organization and all donations are fully tax deductible.
To donate to the Lois W. Smith memorial fund, please click here: Lois W. Smith Endowment Fund.