The Friends annual Community Yard Sale will be held on Saturday, April 27 from 8am to noon. Stay tuned for more information if you are interested in reserving a table to reserve to sell your items…………………all indoors! There will also be Newbury hats and boat flags in three sizes available for sale along with books. Baked goods are provided – all donations accepted.
The Friends annual Spring Plant Sale will be held on Saturday, May 18 from 8:30 – 12:30 inside as well. Stay tuned for more information!
All proceeds from both sales benefit adult and children’s programs, resources and technology at the library, and donations are tax deductible.
COST IS $25 PER PERSON
To secure your spot: Payment is due prior to the event in cash or check and may be mailed to or dropped off at the Library, and you must register online by the deadline of Feb. 16 at: newburylibrary.org/events. Thank you for helping us to fund programs!
Pauline Fabiano, our Library Associate, will teach us how to make colorful wool felted soap bars (soap and washcloth all in one). Soap will be provided but if you have a favorite brand, please bring two bars with you.
Each no-slip bar gently exfoliates, is unique and environmentally friendly. When completely used, it is a small wool “scrub pad” to use or compost. Another idea is to cut in bits and sprinkle outside for the birds to use.
For more info, contact us at: email@example.com
- RAISE funds through annual dues-paying memberships, donations, Plant Sales, Harvest Fests, Book Sale Room, sales of NTL book bags & “Newbury” caps, and town boat flags (3 sizes).
- FUND presentations, classes, guest speakers, programs and more, free to the public.
- PURCHASE Museum passes, resources, etc; – where town funding is lacking.
- PROMOTE and advocate for the library’s goals, missions, plans, and standards.
The Many Ways That You Can Be Involved!
- Become an annual dues-paying member of the Friends, it’s a stream of funds that we can count on for NTL. See application and more info on the “Membership” page.
- Play an active role in supporting NTL by volunteering to help at at Friends events!
- Join the Friends Executive Board to discuss fresh ideas and plan events!
Executive Board Members:
President: Maureen Haley
Vice President: Tammy Cotter
Treasurer: Pam Myers-Kinney
Secretary: Linda Rivera
Project Assistant: Joan Friedman
Planning Assistant: Patty Olson
We are a dedicated group of volunteers committed to raising funds to benefit the library. All proceeds benefit NTL and all donations are tax deductible. Everyone is welcome to join our Board of Directors and to come to any of our meetings held on the first Thursday of the month at 12:15 at the library. You may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission Statement: The Friends of the Newbury Town Library, Inc. is a volunteer organization primarily focused on raising funds to support the Library and staff, to enhance the resources and services of the Library and to enrich the community. As a non-profit 501c3 organization, it is a legally distinct organization and all donations are fully tax deductible.