We are a dedicated group of volunteers committed to raising funds to benefit the library. All proceeds benefit NTL and all donations are tax deductible. Everyone is welcome to join our Board of Directors and to come to any of our meetings held on the first Thursday of the month at 12:15 at the library. If you have any questions please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RAISE funds through annual dues-paying memberships, donations, Plant Sales, Harvest Fests, Book Sale Room, sales of NTL book bags & “Newbury” caps, and town boat flags (3 sizes).
- FUND presentations, classes, guest speakers, programs and more, free to the public.
- PURCHASE Museum passes, resources, etc; – where town funding is lacking.
- PROMOTE and advocate for the library’s goals, missions, plans, and standards.
The Many Ways That You Can Be Involved!
- Become an annual dues-paying member of the Friends, it’s a stream of funds that we can count on for NTL. See application and more info on the “Membership” page.
- Play an active role in supporting NTL by volunteering to help at at Friends events!
- Join the Friends Executive Board to discuss fresh ideas and plan events!
Executive Board Members:
President: Maureen Haley
Vice President: Tammy Cotter
Treasurer: Pam Myers-Kinney
(Opening: Secretary: Linda Rivera/Julie Maneikis and Patty Olson Interim Volunteers)
Project Assistant: Joan Friedman
Mission Statement: The Friends of the Newbury Town Library, Inc. is a volunteer organization primarily focused on raising funds to support the Library and staff, to enhance the resources and services of the Library and to enrich the community. As a non-profit 501c3 organization, it is a legally distinct organization and all donations are fully tax deductible.